Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed any correlation between charging system problems and the age of the Vulcan 750? Specifically, does it seem that the newer models have more electrical problems than the 86-95 models?

I'm wondering if subtle changes in the electrical components over the years has increased the charging system problems on the VN750. I'm having more problems on my 2003 than I've had with my 1995 model, and I'm wondering if the earlier model has a stronger stator in it than the new one.

CD in Anadarko, OK

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ol Poop said:
Has anyone noticed any correlation between charging system problems and the age of the Vulcan 750? Specifically, does it seem that the newer models have more electrical problems than the 86-95 models?

I'm wondering if subtle changes in the electrical components over the years has increased the charging system problems on the VN750. I'm having more problems on my 2003 than I've had with my 1995 model, and I'm wondering if the earlier model has a stronger stator in it than the new one.

CD in Anadarko, OK
I hope that's not so CD. My 05 VN750 is my first Kawasaki so I don't have anything to gauge against. I guess that it's possible that the stator could be weaker than previous models, but why would Kaw do that? That bike model has been around since God was a little boy, the engineering cost on that stator has been recovered many times over. I venture to say that the cost to manufacture a stator doesn't exceed $5.00, if that. Have you been having alot of problems? If so, what were they?

·
Forum Faciliator
369 Posts
It was suspected and I think informally confirmed that for the earlier models Kawasaki use a different stator vendor than the later models. I do not know specific years. Yes the trend has been noted that the later models have more stator problems than the early models. No one to my knowledge has kept metrics.

Ol Poop said:

CD in Anadarko, OK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts