Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
bigwheel53
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put a new Electrosport r/r and relocated it behind the side cover.The bike was charging nice and in the green.I have a Kuryakyn volt gauge.I went for a ride and when it got hot it stopped charging again.Soooo,I bought an Elactrosport Stator and the bike is apart and im going to start cutting tomorrow.I bought a tux kit from Glen Cox..Now im thinking,I have installed one of those pulsating brake light thingies and talking to my brother in law he says he heard that those things cause elec.problems.Im going to do the stator anyway because im there and its going to be inevitable that im going to need it sooner or later.Question is,has anyone heard of those pulsating brake light things causing problems??This bike is wearing me out,im working on it more than im riding it..

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I have never heard the pulsating traillights causing charging issues, but I have heard lots if bad things about electrosports r/r and stators failing premature. The best r/r money can buy is a MOSFET type used on modern day sports bikes. A second best is OEM replacement by TPE (Tim Parrot Enterprises) and a stator rewind by him as well.

With that, how is your voltage gauge wired in? Did you make your own circuit for it, or did you tap into the wires running to the instrument panel? If you used the gauge backlight wire (brown) your gauge could be giving false readings.

Have you ran the charging system tests? It sounds like you are just throwing parts on in hoops to try to solve a problem that may or may not be there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I have never heard of a brake light controller ever causing issues with the charging system either.
If you think about it, how much time do you really spend with the brake lights on anyway? If the brake signal still works, I doubt it was the cause of the issue.

·
bigwheel53
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently Electrosport has changed hands very recently and they state that they use heavier wiring and a couple of other improvements.That being said..With all the work to this bike ive done if I have any more problems its going to be for sale.I cant take it anymore..

·
bigwheel53
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally finished the Tuxedo mod on my bike today and its working fine.The pic you see here is my finished Vulcan..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts