Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Captive New Yorker....
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '94 is not charging the battery. Have determined it is not the battery, so am looking for what to do next.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good basic electric concept tutorials, or classes, or something, to learn the basics of all these electrical concepts?? I really want to try and diagnose this problem myself but beyond measuring volts, I'm lost....

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
No idea on courses and stuff but i had ALOT of help on here with my charging issues.
My battery would be fully charged and in 3 days would be tottally flat, i bought a new R/R and had the stator tested both were good, i found out that it was my junction box that was draining my battery, also the previous owner had not cleaned all the earths so i did that too, now she runs like a charm no problems with electrics.
The four main problems with charging are the Stator, R/R ( regulator/rectifier) Earths and JB (junction box )
Im sure if there are anymore to add the others will chime in ;)
Im using a GPZ 600R JB as its identical and costs half the price off Ebay our VN's are nice like that :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Buy a cheap multimeter ( Walmart has them near the automotive stuff ).

Download the Kawai .pdf manual:
http://download552.mediafire.com/3d...750_Vulcan_Service_Manual_Parts_Catalogue.pdf

Chapter 15, pages 17 & 18 has what you need.

If you can still push start or jump start it, you might still have a good stator.
Please don't ride it in this condition. I think that a bad R/R can kill a good stator. A dead headlight could mean it's the JB.

Gotta do the tests before you start wasting money on parts.
Key word there is "could"; it can also mean your stator is dead/dying. Like T7 says, do the tests; it's the only way you're gonna know for sure.

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Im using a GPZ 600R JB as its identical and costs half the price off Ebay our VN's are nice like that :)
Thanks for that info Major. Good to know what parts are compatible in save-a-buck mode! :smiley_th Peace.
dt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts