Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay. I just got the bike back. Running decent after coming from the shop. In fixed there screw ups. But my bike is still not charging..... I have replaced these things so far. R/R, stator (Its tux modded but I didn’t do it.),battery. I rode it all day and she ran till she Killed the battery. Not sure what else it could be. Magnets? Any tips would be greatly appreciated and I will respond on what I have already tried thanks.

The stator is grounding out could it be because of the damn tuxedo mod that the other person did? I just put it in ther 7 months ago, and its only been running maybe a few days?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
need to start with some charging system troubleshooting.. its foolish to throw money at parts and not fix the issue. Need to find out exactly what the issue is then correct it

https://www.vn750.com/forum/19-electrical/24093-simple-charging-system-troubleshooting.html
I havent just been throwing money at it. The r/r is fine no bubbles in the epoxy. The stator is fine there is no ground between the polls last time I checked and the battery is good I just had it charged and tested. I have been troubleshooting.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Need to fully re-test the stator and r/r, then post your results, ohms and AC voltage.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
also check the bullet connectors between the stator and R/R while your doing the diagnosis. they are notorious for corrosion/bad connections, ect.

also, double check all the grounds...

the R/R you put in, was it a stock type replacement? or did you upgrade to a MOSFET style?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also check the bullet connectors between the stator and R/R while your doing the diagnosis. they are notorious for corrosion/bad connections, ect.

also, double check all the grounds...

the R/R you put in, was it a stock type replacement? or did you upgrade to a MOSFET style?
Stocker I knew was good

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Please recheck above spockster
If you're sure the stator is grounding out, then yes, the stator has probably shifted on the mod plate and that's the problem..

You also said the stator is not grounding between the poles, but that doesn't sound like a valid test. The one test is between stator leads and ground, there should be no continuity. Another test is ohms between leads. Last is AC voltage on each lead.

We can't advise without test results, most stators and R/Rs were good when first installed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
you need a multimeter and do tests yourself, its a must with this bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts