Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I finally called today to cancel my policy with progressive...the policy start date is 8/03 so I had plenty of time before my bill was due...I was informed I owe $13 for a cancellation fee, nowhere in my policy could I find any $$ amount it does make reference to if cancelled being given a pro rated refund and also a cancellation fee....I'm pretty good with math but lets figure this out if my 1 year policy was $140 that is .38356164 cents a day I have 38 days left on my policy that is $14.575 that I would be prorated reimbursed...so does this mean their cancellation fee is $27.575??? thats dumb...........ok I'm done ranting

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
That is strange, I have Progressive and pay $75 a year for full coverage in Chicago.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
75 a year in chicago?????? WOW....no I wasn't unhappy i sold the bike

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
What if ya don't cancel it, but just don't renew it?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought about just doing that originally but the wife heard that it looks bad to let a policy lapse and cancel due to non payment. I told the guy at progressive to send me something in writing showing that I owe a fee....when I get it I am going to pro rate the rest of the year and send them a bill lmao
on a brighter note my new (new to me) 99 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 will be in my possesion by the end of the week.....the wife is already looking at camper trailers lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts