Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm looking to change the bars to something much flatter. I was wondering what some of you have used and where you've gotten them.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Just rember we have 7/8 intch bars, if you get 1 intch bars you will need all new controles and that will be expensive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I've had one set on. I tried a couple from flanders, but it is hard to get it right with the numbers for pull back, etc.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
if you get 1 intch bars you will need all new controles and that will be expensive.
Along with the controls, the handlebar clamp and top triple clamp would also need changed.

·
Registered
227 Posts
For 7/8 bars look at what's available for most quad runners. I got mine out of a box of spare parts from a neighbor who rides quads. I tried three different ones before I found one that "fit" me.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I put a set of #7 dirt track bars on my bike from flanders part number 650-01201 and they fit perfectly, no need to shorten cables no strech or strain on them either and they went on like butter.

What you need to do is look at our stock measurements.

BAR / height / width / Pull back /center / Clamp area
7/8".... 8" ..... 31" ....... 11" ......5-1/2" ....3" x 5"

as long as you stay within these numbers you can figure out wht you can use with out new cables.

My bars for example

BAR / height / width / Pull back /center / Clamp area
7/8".... 4.5" .. 42.5"... ..10.5" ......5" ........3" x 5"

by subtracting height you go wider the only real decision is how wide and how low. :motorcycl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts