Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1992 Vulcan 750
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the recommended filter and oil from Walmart. First I see the st7317 is smaller than the original and what are the steps for changing the oil properly.

Thanks Jake

·
Registered
47 Posts
jake; return the st- 7317 filter for a st-6607 @ walmart. i bought the 15w-40 shell rotella under $7.00 gal. plus one [email protected] around $1.70 .drain and re-fill with new filter is 4 liters .i filled filter with clean oil . total of 1 gal.6oz. with engine running on center stand oil level will be between low and hi mark in sight glass. also be sure to remove and clean screen filter.on left side of engine. may take 10 to 30 sec.for oil light to go off after start up. drive safe ken smith in penfield , new york

·
1992 Vulcan 750
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the 7317 this time but will loose it next change. It is definately quite a bit smaller. I also noticed that the guy that had the bike before be was removing the 17mm oil drain bolt with a set of vice grips :(

If anyone has a link where to get a replacement I would be very pleased.

Jake

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
kas750 said:
jake; return the st- 7317 filter for a st-6607 @ walmart. i bought the 15w-40 shell rotella under $7.00 gal. plus one [email protected] around $1.70 .drain and re-fill with new filter is 4 liters .i filled filter with clean oil . total of 1 gal.6oz. with engine running on center stand oil level will be between low and hi mark in sight glass. also be sure to remove and clean screen filter.on left side of engine. may take 10 to 30 sec.for oil light to go off after start up. drive safe ken smith in penfield , new york
The engine should NOT be running when the oil level is checked

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Loran is right.. When the engine is running you shouldn't see anything in the sight glass. Run engine to get the oil through your system then turn engine off, let it "settle" then check with the bike level. You should see just a small bubble at the top of the glass. Anything less, add a bit and cycle repeat procedure.

·
1992 Vulcan 750
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help guys.... Just waiting for my V&H Cruzers to get here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts