Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Auto parts stores have an assortment of reducers or enlargers which ever the case. Or you can have a muffler shop make some up for you.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just curious, but why the 3" pipes? Aesthetics? Louder? Be sure to post some pics when you get finished with the mod.

John

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just want a deeper sound. I don't like the sound of our stock mufflers. I am redoing most of my bike, so a lot of things are a lot easier with the bike torn apart already.

·
Banned
448 Posts
Another thing to do is go to a muffler shop, and have them "swell" the pipe out with their equipment. It takes a few seconds, no adaptors, less pieces to have to deal with, and looks better.
Most places around here don't even charge for that.
But on the down side if you ever went back to stock, you would either have to cut the pipe, or just not re-use the crush gasket. Most muffler setups especially on Harleys, don't use a gasket.
When I get my system finished, I am going to use some anti-seize between the pipes so they won't rust together as there won't be any gaskets between them.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I am still looking at pipes. I am not sure on what to do. Maybe just take out the belly, and drill the stock mufflers out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up getting some HD sporter 1200 mufflers. I got them for 25.01 from ebay. I hope my bike is all put back together in the next couple weeks. There have been a ton of perfect riding days in CO during "winter". Thats why I am redoing everything right now.... Not so much of a winter here.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Where are you at in Colorado? I am from Canon City (although i live in ny right now), Warlord is up in Denver/Aurora and there are several others in the area as well.

·
Registered
399 Posts
(although i live in ny right now)
What part of Upstate NY? Are you familiar with Speculator, NY? North of Wells? thats where my grandparents live. My dad and i have thought of trailering our bikes up there to ride in the summer. the Adirondacks are amazing

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I am in Gouverneur, NY until next week, then I am going to the Middle East for a year or so... I should be back in June for a couple weeks, might be able to squeeze in a ride around then... depending on circumstances here on the home front.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts