Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...wondering what is the best method to get front rim off my vulcan. I realize that tire replacement best accomplished by a shop set up to do tire changes, but I thought I would change the tire myself.....what is preferred method to support bike for the process....thanks.....I know I'll get the right answers from the group as always......

·
Model A Guy
26 Posts
Rim off bike

I have a floor jack and used it to support the front of engine by the starter, with a piece of wood between jack and engine. I have never trusted a jack by itself to do any work on a vehicle, and use jack stands. With the bike I used an old toolbox across and under the front forks while the wheel is off in case it was to leak off and maybe cause the v-stand to fold up. Glad I did as my wheel was off for a full day while mounting tires. The tool box had some weight on it when reinstalling wheel and the engine had to be jacked back up a bit. You also have to remove one or the other brake calipers so the rim will pass through the forks. That about all there is to it.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,196 Posts
i have a handy dandy wotorcycle jack that works wonders

1 - 6 of 6 Posts