Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently changed out the OEM temp gauge to an of the shelf mini one.
Problem is, when the bike get to temp the needle goes all the way to the red. Is there a running temp figure that the vn750 runs at? I have looked in haynes guide etc and cant find one as shop i bought this temp gauge from has asked for this in an effort to diagnose the problem. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
I have recently changed out the OEM temp gauge to an of the shelf mini one.
Problem is, when the bike get to temp the needle goes all the way to the red. Is there a running temp figure that the vn750 runs at? I have looked in haynes guide etc and cant find one as shop i bought this temp gauge from has asked for this in an effort to diagnose the problem. Thanks.
Per manual: Thermostat begins to open between 176- 183 degrees. Full open at 203 degrees. Bike should run somewhere in between that range is my thought, probably 180-190

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
that's what I would expect.

are you using the stock oem sender? the difference in resistance could account for the reading error.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, using the stock OEM sender. Is it possible to change this out? And thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The sensor and temp gauge need to matched together. As stated previously, the resistance reading of the aftermarket gauge may be different than the stock sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts