Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I have floorboards made with Knifemaker's original plans, which are what his are based on. Big and comfortable and the two words that come to mind.

Reactions: Z-Rider

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Chad himself, is an honest reliable person and pretty well thought of both here and over on the VROC forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very comfortable. I was surprised about how big a difference they make it feel and as a new rider it's pretty nice.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Thank you for the kind words. The floorboards were one of the best add ons you can do for comfort.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Got mine from KM but they are the same. Make all the difference. I could no longer go back to pegs. Best addition I made to the bike. Get them you won't be sorry and you'll understand why so many bikes today come with floor boards from the factory.

·
Registered
441 Posts
From a comfort standpoint, i can think of no better mod than adding these floorboards. I have loved them ever since I put them on. You cannot get these floorboards fast enough

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
^^^^^2nd that!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I want a set how do I get them?

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
go to Chadsbike.com and look at his Vn750 mods... when you look at the floorboards he has a way to order them at the bottom.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
I have a set, bought them earlier this year. Very comfortable and easy to install.

My only "complaint" is that they are not very polished (at least, not the set I have). Still had a lot of rough tool marks on them.

Aside from that, they are great!

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
My only "complaint" is that they are not very polished (at least, not the set I have). Still had a lot of rough tool marks on them.
I'm not sure how Chad cuts his out. Mine were machined... Which left a faint pattern on the edges but was still shiney. The boards are made from aluminum plate, and I nor Chad never advertised them as "polished like chrome".

You'd really have to get down on your knees to notice any tool marks once they are installed, and I should point out that being soft aluminum it would not take much effort to polish up the edges if you wanted them like that.

The stock pegs they bolt to aren't polished either BTW...my intent was to match them...

Given no one else offers boards for the bike anymore, it's cool Chad continued to offer these for Vulcan riders after I stopped making them myself.... and for under a hundred bucks it's still just a great deal.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts

·
Banned
1,620 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
What is the biggest advantage to these

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Good question. I personally don't care for them. I've had both ankles messed up and can't get my feet comfortable on them because your feet have to set at the angle of the board. When I look at new/newer bikes I ask about if pegs are available for the bike.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Comfort- you can move your feet around a bit and they support your whole foot.

Safety- going over bumps it's easy for your foot to slip off a peg. Because they allow you to place your toes father back it's easier to sit up some going over large bumps. The larger surface area makes it grip your foot better.

Convenience-- easier to mount and dismount the bike.

Looks- not themselves perhaps but with the stock pegs I was always burning the heel of my boot on the exhaust...leaving hard to remove black marks on the chrome. Never had this happen with the floorboards.

But yes, if your ankles are fked up they may not work for you...;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts