Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to do my spline lube as soon at the weather is a little more consistant. This will be my 1st time doing this. I got the Honda Molly and Socket. Anyone interested in joining me? Get getting some feelers out there.
:motorcycl

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
I'd love to join ya but I'm afraid I'm a little too East for a Central PA meet. Good luck though, I hope you get a couple takers...

·
Registered
129 Posts
How long are you willing to wait? I was planning to ride down to the Harrisburg/ Fort Indian Town Gap area sometime next month. I could stop by and help out if you needed.

·
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How long are you willing to wait? I was planning to ride down to the Harrisburg/ Fort Indian Town Gap area sometime next month. I could stop by and help out if you needed.
Looks like it will probably be a few weeks yet, so let me know when you plan on comming over this way and maybe we could meet up. Thanks!

·
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey VulcRider,
Looks like the weather is breaking, just let me know. I'm ready anytime so long as I'm not working.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I'm ready to do my spline lube as soon at the weather is a little more consistant. This will be my 1st time doing this. I got the Honda Molly and Socket. Anyone interested in joining me? Get getting some feelers out there.
:motorcycl
You may need a 12 inch adjustable wrench to hold the nut on other side. Just a heads up if you don`t have one that large. I need to do the spline lube too, but I guess I`m on my own, way out here in Alberta.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I've always just used a 3/8ths socket wrench on the right side with a 17mm socket (I think) to hold it with the right hand while I use the 1/2" socket wrench and 27mm socket on the left (with a pipe over the handle for leverage). I orient the right wrench so it is pointing out the rear of the bike and I can hold it with the right hand with downward pressure, while I orient the left wrench and pipe pointing out the same direction but as low as I can get it so I can pull up on it to break it loose. Using this right-down, left-up procedure I've never had to worry about the bike launching forward on me, and of course I've tied the bike's center stand to the front forks for some stability. And, it has been easy to loosen the 27mm nut from it's 80 ft/lbs of torque using this method. I do the same in the opposite direction when I torque the 27 back to 80 ft/lbs with my 1/2" torque wrench/ratchet. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hopefully I'll be down this month, unfortunately my bike is out of commission for a little because of the need of inspection which I can't pass until my new front tire comes in and my need of renewed insurance. I'd love to help you but if you want to get on with it then by all means go ahead. I didn't have ANY problems on my '94, just follow Fergy's instructions to the word and you'll be fine.

·
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update, I just ordered my new Metzler 880's from rockymountainatvmc.com and with the discount code from another thread, I'm getting them shipped for $215.08. Ordered the 110/90 Front and the 170/80 rear. Hopefully I will get them in the next week or so, then when I pull the rear to do the spline lube I'll get the new tire installed at the same time. I'll post again when the tires get here and I plan on pulling the rear, that way if anyone wants to come over and join in..............you're more than welcome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts