Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the best way to expand the center stand spring so I can get the center stand installed? I already tried packing pennies into the center spring, but at this moment in time, I'm missing about .5 inches and I can't use brute force to expand it any further. I don't have vice grips and my issue is I can't get leverage with channel locks or needle nose pliers, or anything that can loop in there on the edge of the spring to pull it over the protuding edge for the spring to rest on.

Update: Managed to throw a hex key and hook it on the spring, then use the leverage from that to get it to slide down the hex key and down onto the little nub for the spring. Then just had to use a hammer and tap the hex key and then I had to take out about 20 pennies out of the spring. Woot! Now I have to watch that video of how to get it up on the centerstand because obviously I didn't pay good enough attention the first time. :p

If a mod comes across this post, feel free to delete it.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Why delete it? You gave a good explaination on how ya got the spring on. Might help someone else on down the road.

Glad to hear ya figured it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts