Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my Cruzers on last night, they sound great. When I took the bike off of the center stand I found a problem. The centerstand arm wont clear the left pipe. I'm going to turn the left side rear bracket around and see if that helps. Has anyone else had this problem or is my luck or lack of it running true?

·
Registered
61 Posts
The v&h pipe's have a braket that bolt's on
for the center stand to rest on when I put
mine on it clear's by about a half inch...

·
"ya can't live forever"
321 Posts
ditto . If you do not have the bracket, I have one that I did not use because I removed the center stand . Let me know if you need it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got the bracket, the part hitting the pipes is the arm of the centerstand that you push down on with your foot. It's not clearing the out side of the left pipe.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just checked everything out, I put a different rubber bushing from the old exhaust bracket and another washer between the passenger footrest and the rear bracket. Centerstand barely rubs the pipe but does go all the way up now. Decision time, scrape side of pipes everytime i put the centerstand down or take the stand off.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Where did you mount the braket, it shoukd be mounted right behind the rear tire
with the 2 bolt's supplyed should only go on one way...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Maybe your centerstands are bent? Mine has a good 3/8's or better clearance under and beside the muffler. Can they be mounted with the hanger brackets on the wrong side?

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Woody said:
Maybe your centerstands are bent? Mine has a good 3/8's or better clearance under and beside the muffler. Can they be mounted with the hanger brackets on the wrong side?
Wouldn't surprise me. After 21 years...I'm sure Priscilla may be a bit "off" in some areas. ;)

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
how about a piece of rubber hose zip tied to the bracket?

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
It says in the instructions that the stand may hit. I used a pry bar and bent it down. It was not even close to clearing. Does now ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts