Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,338 Posts
Brand new, but dead now. Will take it out n put on the charger later. I have two other new batteries I can use while it’s charging
It's safe to jump it from a car battery, with the car not running.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Update.. walked into the garage after work and there was a huge puddle of oil under the bike coming from the Stator cover. So looked at the coils again and apparently they were put on backwards. Swapped them around and now she starts right up no hesitation (was so happy about that lol). So now I just have to get her tuned in proper. Baffles for the front cyl is completely gone and the baffles for the rear cyl are almost gone (couple little pcs still in there) so will probably finish cleaning it out so everything can balance. Currently have the carbs screws at about 2.5-3 turns out (can’t remember exactly right now) but the front cyl seems to be running super smooth and the rear cylinder is kinda skipping/sputtering a little bit. Any insight would be appreciated! Also definitely need a GOOD seal for the stator cover (outer cover with 3 Philips) so I can stop leaking oil everywhere lol tried ultra black silicone but haven’t had any luck on this machine

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
so th rear cyl only had two screen in the exhaust n I knocked them out to match the other side but not seeing any difference. Will have to probably start from 2 screws out with the carbs n go from there

·
Premium Member
1,594 Posts
Black RTV 90min for the outer stator cover works well. Sets quick and you can use the bike the same day. Once that factory seal is broken it’ll leak.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Black RTV 90min for the outer stator cover works well. Sets quick and you can use the bike the same day. Once that factory seal is broken it’ll leak.
Ty for the response, might have to try the rtv again I only let it sit about 30 mins before me and my buddies got impatient lol but I can’t be mad I’m just happy she actually starts and runs without even having to play with the choke

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Also, it looked like the PO ground a spot in the cover with a grinder to clear the coil wires.. not sure if that info is important but figured it should be included

21 - 28 of 28 Posts