Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, how often do you carry, what caliber & how?

I don't carry that often. I am always going to a Govt installation or school so it hinders my carrying. When I do it's an XD-9 subcompact and it's in a Crossbreed super tuck Inside the wasteband (IWB). Anyway, I am looking for more comfort carrying and considering the keltec PF-9 pocket pistol.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,718 Posts
I'm don't carry...yet! lol it's on the do to list for next year.
also I am still thinking of what gun to get to be a carry gun.
I have (and love) an XD9, but I won't carry that it-too big.
I will carry nothing smaller than an 9mm. so my carry gun will be either a 9mm or a 40cal.

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
80% of the time usually one of the .40 cals have taken the .45's i use my belt holster

not really consealable , i have the damn licences so i could care less on if the see the barrel pokeing out of my shirt

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
80% of the time usually one of the .40 cals have taken the .45's i use my belt holster

not really consealable , i have the damn licences so i could care less on if the see the barrel pokeing out of my shirt
From my reading I thought that unnecessary revealing of a concealed carry weapon was grounds for pulling your permit. Is this true?

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
In Tenn. mine is a handgun carry permit... That said, IMHO I don't see a reason to carry out in the open, unless you want to get caught if you accidently go into a place that is carry restricted... I carry a very small & light 5-shot S&W 11.4 oz. 340PD hammerless .357 Rev. in a conceal carry pocket in my (concealment) riding vest... It also has the Crimson lazer grips as the Bbl. is only 1-7/8"... Very good concealment & very comfortable also... Only me & my vest know it's there, and sometimes I forget...lol...
I think like KM said, this probably should have been posted in the Goats Belly... But it wasn't so what the heck, it's winter next week...lol...
PS-Here is a vest simuliar to mine... http://www.onlinediscountmart.com/05-gfvap2x.html?c=4
Here is the gun I carry, but I didn't give that price for it... http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_764938_-1_757768_757767_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y
But with the Crimson lazer grips...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
555 Posts
a .45 and most of time.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,718 Posts
From my reading I thought that unnecessary revealing of a concealed carry weapon was grounds for pulling your permit. Is this true?
could be. not sure. but also here in Ohio, we are also "allowed" "open carry" with out a permit. so I'm not sure how that all would work. :doh:

·
2,519 Posts
I have my Ruger LCP .380 with the crimson trace, carry it mostly in my back pocket or inside jacket pocket. When I go out hiking I carry either my S&W 9mm or my 45 on my side.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,718 Posts
Would that be open carry on your person or in the auto?
both. but I was talking more about on person than in an auto. also, long guns may not be "loaded" in an auto, but maybe openly carried in an auto. if you have a ccw, you may carry a "loaded" hand gun in your auto.

·
Super Moderator
11,860 Posts
As we don't have the ability to move posts, and our admins seldom do anything, no biggy on the misplacement.

That said, I seldom carry. But when I do, it's in a reverse behind the back - inside the pant nylon holster and always my full size Kimber .45 :

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,718 Posts
As we don't have the ability to move posts, and our admins seldom do anything, no biggy on the misplacement.

That said, I seldom carry. But when I do, it's in a reverse behind the back - inside the pant nylon holster and always my full size Kimber .45 :
well, gee, KM, what else would you carry? since that is the only gun you have! lol :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
First of all, I agree with KM's original post, but since he has made another post here, I guess I will too. I live in AZ where concealed carry is now legal without a permit, if you are not a convicted felon. Open carry has always been allowed, and concealed carry was allowed with a permit. But there are advantages to having a permit, which I have had for about 10 years. With the permit, you can carry concealed in many other states as well. I don't carry that often, depends on the situation, where I'm going, time of day, etc. I carry both open and concealed. My gun of choice is the Beretta 9000S 9mm. It was at the time I bought it back in '02 the smallest lightest 9mm available, which is why I chose it. I don't know if they still make them or not, I've heard they were discontinued.

·
Registered
950 Posts
But there are advantages to having a permit, which I have had for about 10 years. With the permit, you can carry concealed in many other states as well.
Tell that to Plaxico.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
There are some places where you cannot carry a firearm period, in direct violation of the United States Constitution. NY is one of them, CA is another. I have carried a firearm many times in CA, but it is not legal to do so. AZ is one of the most gun friendly states in the U.S., perhaps second only to TX. For some very disturbing information, read the Wikipedia article on gun laws by state. Seems like the second amendment does not apply in many of them.

·
Super Moderator
11,860 Posts
Gee, for some reason I figured you for a wheel gun man Jerry.

They did discontinue that model, but there still easy to find for sale. ( the light weight of the gun was do to a polymer frame btw)

And I do have three other guns.... A pellet rifle, a pellet pistol, and a Mossberg 12 gauge pump.

In Missouri, if you have a CC permit, you are not allowed to let it "peek out".... This is called "brandishing a weapon" and can get you arrested. They take the "concealed" part seriously here ;)

If there was some way to do it...... I'd rather "carry" the 12 gauge.....

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
While I have several guns,only one of which is a pistol,and love hunting and shooting I have never felt the need to carry a pistol on my person.In Ky we can carry open without a permit ,concealed with, and in a vehicle, if in open view ,or in a normally located Glove compartment,IE not the console, why I don't know. Ky will honor WV and OH CC permits but I don't know about other states.

BTW the pistol is an old model made in the seventies and is one strange looking critter it is a .22,survival pistol and is not very expensive ,I believe it was made by Armalite and was also available in a rifle version ,the barrel is detachable and both guns used the same receiver and the stock on the rifle version had a compartment to hold the barrel and get this it would float if dropped in the water.It was my dad's old varmint shooter around the house.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,718 Posts
And I do have three other guns.... A pellet rifle, a pellet pistol, and a Mossberg 12 gauge pump.

In Missouri, if you have a CC permit, you are not allowed to let it "peek out".... This is called "brandishing a weapon" and can get you arrested. They take the "concealed" part seriously here ;)

If there was some way to do it...... I'd rather "carry" the 12 gauge.....
if it was to "peek out"......I think that would be the case here in Ohio too. I believe you'd get in some trouble. :doh: well, the whole idea of a "concealed" weapon, is well, to conceal it! :doh:

I'm with you, KM, on the 12 gauge! :beerchug:

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
The Tenn. handgun carry permit is honored in all the states that touch Tenn. ... That is very good for me as a bike rider...:smiley_th... The nearest state that dosen't honor it is Ill. ...:doh:... I think it has a lot to do with the tests & training the states require, as to wheather other states honor another states permit or not...

PS-That said, Tennessee is not a traditional open carry state. However, Tennessee is a shall-issue state that issues a carry permit that allows both open and concealed carry.

BTW-I don't think air guns are considered firearms, as per Mr. Webster, guns I suppose, but most laws state firearms rather than guns... Don't they...???...:confused:...

Have a good one...Old Dog...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts