Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought a 87 VN750, the guy said the carb needed to be cleaned and was already off the bike. I had to buy the intake boots cause they werent with the bike and now i cant get the carb to fit back in place. Im hoping some one can help me here. My last effort was hoping my tears would slide it into place. Here are some pictures of the situation. Thanks guys

First photo shows the one i can get in and second is how far off the other one is.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you get the edge of both in and twist, it should get em both in. It’s worked for me. There’s also a video on YouTube, it’s titled something like, how to install carbs on a vn750 in under 10 minutes. And the video is like 3 minutes long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man ill take a look, Are both your intake boots the same size, i thought i read somewhere one is longer and mine are the same.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks man ill take a look, Are both your intake boots the same size, i thought i read somewhere one is longer and mine are the same.

Idk if they’re the same size. They look like it to me. (They’re in front of me while I’m trying to fix electrical issues)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Idk if they’re the same size. They look like it to me. (They’re in front of me while I’m trying to fix electrical issues)
**** Yeah i got it after i watched that, thank you and that random guy on you tube.
Thanks man I appreciate it!

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
If there are any problems with the boots sealing you might have to replace those hose clamps with stock clamps.

Sometimes hose clamps won't seal the boots.

·
Member? ... check.
546 Posts
There definitely is a left and right designated carb-to-cylinder head rubber boot. There should be a letter found on the boot to show which is which. Once you know what side the boot goes on, then there is also an orientation required to mate the boot properly. There is a tab on the boot that has to be lined up for install. I have attached the install procedure found in the Clymer manual.

Attachments

Reactions: CodyOC3

·
Registered
789 Posts
It’s a pain to do no matter what. As others said make sure the boots are on the proper cylinder and oriented correctly. Even then, it helps to smear a little bit of petroleum jelly or grease on the boots where the carb is to be inserted. I usually had to use a flathead screwdriver to get the lip of the boot over the carb.
Best of luck, be sure to have a couple curse words ready to help along the way! (And maybe a beer to congratulate yourself after you finally get it on)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts