Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vulcan Bobber
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Problem : front cylinder sound like no power and when I open throttle come white smog, I close the throtlle but the RPM's are still high. I take out air duct (front carburator) and a lot fuel is coming out front the 3 holes and needle (needle is not moving up/dow) look picture
I like my bike but I don't have idea how fix or what I need replace to resolve this problem...please help me.
I already used sea foam, I replaced AIR CUT VALVE DIAPHRAGM in both cabs.
Rear cylinder sound nice and the carb is not flooting.
watch the video here....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWQeHYdSGmQ
carbb.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Since you tried Seafoam, it sounds like you're going to have to open it up and clean it. Lots of us have had the same flooding issue's, (including myself), opened the carbs and found some piece of debris hanging right on or around the float needle/seats.

·
Vulcan Bobber
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok 750Doug, but always is the front carburetor..... if its some piece of debris hanging right on or around the float needle why that never affects rear cylinder?

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
You have 2 seperate carbs. One for the front cylinder and one for the rear. If something obstructs one it wont obstruct the 2nd.

Peace :beerchug:

·
Vulcan Bobber
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. guys I did Gumout trick, no more Fuel Flooding but I have a doubt...the Vacuum piston has to be moving up and down in idle? because both in the front and rear carbs are not moving, only when the throttle is open.
Is normal?

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Is normal. These are not typical carbs, they are Constant Velocity carbs which means they try and keep the air flow into the intake at a constant velocity. The carb pistons as you call them will constantly adjust to keep that airflow the same. It's more difficult at idle since the vacuum pulses from the cylinders are further apart time wise than when the bike is at higher RPM.

·
Vulcan Bobber
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think that I have found the problem. Today I sprayed carb cleaner arround carb boots to check vacuum leak and the rpm's go high.
Any idea about that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts