Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing a kit for carbs or do you really have to buy each part individually? What is the most likely cause of flooding. Thanx!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think the float valves are bad causing the flooding. At first it looked like the petcock wasn't shuting off , but not so.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Hope ya get it straightened out.
Haven't done any carb work yet, so I can't be of any more help than that.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
I think Pink Willie is our new expert.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definetly was the float valves.
Float valves (needles) are expensive , about $65 shiping etc.Way too much, should be $5 max. I bet that they are the same as ones used in cars and also a lot of bikes use the same float valves. Now all we have to do is find whom and where to get them.

·
Waffle House regular…
60 Posts
cegodsey said:
I think Pink Willie is our new expert.
I am getting good at removal and installation…not by choice however. (Knock on wood) mine is running like a Swiss watch now!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tell me more, what problems were you having? What manual do you use, and where did you get parts? How much were parts? I am finding ronayers has somewhat lower prices than bikebandit.
the bad thing is waiting a week or so for delivery---sucks!

·
Waffle House regular…
60 Posts
Start here...

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1713

I get my parts from our local Kawasaki dealer, two are near by, I use the online microfiche to check prices. So far the dealer is close enough in price that I just buy from them. I have only needed small parts, hardware, spark plugs and that sort of thing but the price is always higher at the dealers. In the event I need anything over 50 or so dollars, I will use Ron Ayres, E-bay or the like.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a hard time with my local Kawasaki dealer. In the instance I was going to buy from him, they quoted me a price of $13.50 for an oil filter. As it turned out, I didn't get into town before they closed, so I started checking auto parts stores. The Fram filter that fit my bike was $4.50-$6.00. Are Kawasaki (or whatever brand) filters really superior enough to command 3 times the cost?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
storm16 said:
Are Kawasaki (or whatever brand) filters really superior enough to command 3 times the cost?
No difference. The dealers just like seeing all those $$$$$ signs when they hit the total button on the cash register.
Save your money and get one from the auto store, or even Wal-mart.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Any dealer is going to be more money weather it's a
bike dealer or car dealer I get the filter like you said
at autozone for 4.50 but I do use the kaw-chem oil
because of the additives so far at 13,000 miles never
had any trouble.........

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
The FRAMS don't have the pressure relief valve that the OEM filter does. Also they apparently have gone downhill in quality over the years with cheap filter material.
However, if you check the verses, you will find that Bosch makes a filter with the same valve psi rating for about $6 at Autozone. The WalMart filter is also made by the same parts manufacturer at about $4 but it may be hard to find. Not all WalMart's carry it.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Sky Rider said:
The FRAMS don't have the pressure relief valve that the OEM filter does. Also they apparently have gone downhill in quality over the years with cheap filter material.
However, if you check the verses, you will find that Bosch makes a filter with the same valve psi rating for about $6 at Autozone. The WalMart filter is also made by the same parts manufacturer at about $4 but it may be hard to find. Not all WalMart's carry it.
I didn't realize that ! Guess I should read the Verses a little more myself !!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts