Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been asked a million times I'm sure, but my laziness knows no bounds.
First post too 馃ぃ
Just pulled the original airbox away from the carbs and the bike runs much better.
The rear cylinder vaccum has been blocked and the vent tube has been left free, is this correct?
Next one, going to get pod filters, the carbs look really close to the heads, what do you guys do to combat this

Registered
Welcome! So far so good!
Go to Ear Shave Procedure - Enjoy! for more information. They have some recommendations for filters. I had to add spacers to the rear mount of my gas tank (just stacked washers). The rear vacuum port can be left connected, if you want to retain the decel pops. The hose that leads to the diverter valve (located behind the gas tank, in front of the battery) would need an air filter. But that whole system is optional. You can also plug those hoses.

The crankcase vent hose needs a filter. Those can also be found in that thread.

Also, be sure to head over to the new member section and give us a proper introduction! Happy riding and welcome to the forums!

Registered
With the UNI filters, the end cap on the left carb lightly touches the tank, so the spacer will fix that.

The K&N filters are tapered and don't need a spacer on the tank, but are 3x the price.

Did there happen to be air filter foam in airbox?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
With the UNI filters, the end cap on the left carb lightly touches the tank, so the spacer will fix that.

The K&N filters are tapered and don't need a spacer on the tank, but are 3x the price.

No, not entirely 馃槄 looks like the original filter was there at some point on the outer filter boxes but disintegrated over time 馃

FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

My 85 with k&n still needed a spacer on the tank

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spockster

Registered
I run Uni PK92 filters on mine. They鈥檙e squishy with a support spring inside so they fit against the tank and make slight contact with the head/jug. No problems at all. Tank has no spacers. I just keep them clean and oiled and they鈥檝e done me well for something like 10k miles.

Registered
Been using these Emgo filters for years, they work fine and aren't as messy as foam pods. The taper helps them fit into tight spaces. Found these for $8 ea.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Been using these Emgo filters for years, they work fine and aren't as messy as foam pods. The taper helps them fit into tight spaces. Found these for $8 ea.

View attachment 53179 View attachment 53180
Awesome thanks dude! Got standard hi flow filters so I'm going to see how these work out. If it doesn't run right I'll definitely be getting a set of these

1 - 8 of 8 Posts