Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to San Antonio but right before she kept stalling on me so I took her into the local stealership to get the carbs worked on. Mainly because I didn't feel comfortable Enough to do it myself and I had a time constraint. It ended up being a pain In the ass to get them to actually fullfill the job they said they would. Then I had her shipped out here. I didn't trust her to run well enough to make the 8hr ride... Anyways I've been riding three weeks problem free, pretty much. Except for a small oil leak from the stator replacment. On my last morning check I noticed that the vent valve on the right side carb hadn't been connected to it's hose. So I conneceted it and had to adjust the idle. She ran fine to work but when I got out of work. I got 2 miles down the road she started to stall again. I disconnected the hose and she ran again but the idle seemed to fluctuate some. I guess my question is will she be ok if I leave the hose off? What exactly is the purpose of it connecting where it does?

Thanks in advance. :)

You guys will make a wrench of me yet.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
You want to keep the hose where there is no air blowing into it. All I know is that when air blows into it is not a good thing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I meant the vacuume port above the air/fuel mix screws. Not the vent that connects to the right ear.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
The one on the right carb goes to the emissions valve that allows air to the exhaust to burn off the unburned fuel in the goats belly. If the valve is bad (rubber diaphram may be ruptured) as mine was it will allow raw air into the carb creating a lean fuel air mixture. You can do the marble procedure or coaster and plug the port off. Go the the verses for more info.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coastering has been on my todo list. I guess now is the time. So aside from coastering I should plug the vacuume port?

On start up that port shoots out air periodically.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts