Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of questions about tuning the carbs.

How do I check whether the float levels are correct?

What size wrench is the synch screw?

What is a good baseline for the air/fuel mixture and how do I tell what adjustments to make with out a tuning plug?

I have a vn750A2 with straight pipes and eyelet baffles; Iridium plugs; K&N filters in the stock filter housing's; the stock jets; and I am at around 1200' elevation.

Thnak you for the help!

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts

What is a good baseline for the air/fuel mixture and how do I tell what adjustments to make with out a tuning plug?

I have a vn750A2 with straight pipes and eyelet baffles; Iridium plugs; K&N filters in the stock filter housing's; the stock jets; and I am at around 1200' elevation.

Thnak you for the help!

Clymer's has a section on checking the float levels - see pp.268-9
The sync screw is VERY SMALL (how's that for accuracy?), but I think it's a 5mm OD. If you want to turn the screw while running the bike, get a carb sync tool (sometimes you can find them on eBay); if you want to turn off the bike, adjust, try again, you can just use a small flat screwdriver. Turn off the bike, open the throttle, make an adjustment, try it again.

A/F factory is 1 5/8 turns, which is a tad lean. Most folks are turning 2+ - your goal is to reduce the lean popping.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
if you are going to adjust it search you tube on homemade manometers (spellcheck). you can usually make one for less than 10 dollars. as far as the size it is a 7mm. it is easiest to use a 7mm ignition wrench as they have much smaller bodies than a normal wrench. I am at sea level ear shaved de-goated I am at 2-3/4 turns with a .042 pilot jet and a .150 main jet and 2 shims under the needle.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
if you are going to adjust it search you tube on homemade manometers (spellcheck). you can usually make one for less than 10 dollars. as far as the size it is a 7mm. it is easiest to use a 7mm ignition wrench as they have much smaller bodies than a normal wrench. I am at sea level ear shaved de-goated I am at 2-3/4 turns with a .042 pilot jet and a .150 main jet and 2 shims under the needle.
Actualy it is 0.42mm "#42" pilot and 1.50mm "#150" main. :beerchug:

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts

Thnak you for the help!
You need:

#40 Pilot Jets
#135 Main Jets
set pilot screws to 2.0-2.5 turn out from stop. :beerchug:

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
thanks for the correction glad you are back

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hola amigos soy de costa rica quisiera saber como desmontar los carburadores de la vulcan vn 750 1994 y donde puedo encontrar el kit de reparacion completo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Otro tico

Hola amigos soy de costa rica quisiera saber como desmontar los carburadores de la vulcan vn 750 1994 y donde puedo encontrar el kit de reparacion completo
Hola PANDILLERO, yo tambien soy de Costa Rica pero no estoy seguro que muchos aca hablen español. Vas a tener que escribir las preguntas en ingles para que le respondan mas rapido.

con respecto a desmontar los carburadores, yo lo acaba de hacer (el Sabado) tiene que quitar el tanque, levantar un poco el "airbox" (la caja negra que esta debajo del tanque, quitar todas las mangueras que estan pegadas al carburador junto con las gasas, y con mucha paciencia quitar los carburadores moviendolos y girandolos para que salgan.

tuanis.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Hola PANDILLERO, yo tambien soy de Costa Rica pero no estoy seguro que muchos aca hablen español. Vas a tener que escribir las preguntas en ingles para que le respondan mas rapido.

con respecto a desmontar los carburadores, yo lo acaba de hacer (el Sabado) tiene que quitar el tanque, levantar un poco el "airbox" (la caja negra que esta debajo del tanque, quitar todas las mangueras que estan pegadas al carburador junto con las gasas, y con mucha paciencia quitar los carburadores moviendolos y girandolos para que salgan.

tuanis.
I just tried to use the toolbar translate icon for these two posts. It says it is translated, but I can`t find the English anywhere. Does the translate function work on individual posts on an Engish site, or does it only work on a foreign language website? I know it worked for me once, several months ago on a foreign language site.

Can someone provide a translation here?
I think Pandillero says something like "Hello, I`m from Costa Rica and I need a complete repair kit for my vulcan 750 carbs."
Am I close? <G>

I`m not even going to try on Adrianmur`s answer, lol.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Pandillero was just asking how to remove the carbs. Adrianmur seems to have answered it well already.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
oh yeah, the repair kit thing was at the end lol didn't notice at first... I have no idea where he can get one in Costa Rica though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts