Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, lately I have taken out my carbs and cleaned them, the question before putting em back in tomorrow is pretty atraight forward. Is there anything I need to do once its back in the bike to make sure that they are synchronized? Is there a easy way to do it? Or do I need specialized tools? Or is synchronization something I dont need to do?

Im pretty unaware of all the screws etc.

·
2,527 Posts
I know I had to buy a very tiny 7mm open end wrench to sync them. I did it once making a homemade manometer with some clear tubing, some T's and a yardstick. There's a thread on here somewhere or on YouTube for this. I did it just to satisfy myself and say I did it, I don't really thing I noticed any difference riding, but mine weren't off a whole lot.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an idea of what you mean, is this go the floaters? I havnt adjusted them, just put them back in. Would that be enough or do I still need those things? I was thinking more about the screws below the vacuum tube pluggings on each side of the carb.

Ether way, im still a complete noob with everything concerning carbs

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
I wouldn't adjust float unless there's a problem. Carb synch doesn't affect floats.

I just made sure both butterflies are opening at the same time using the throttle. Adjust throttle cables if needed.

The air screws you mentioned should begin at 2 1/2 turns out from the being snugged tight. Turn screws clockwise until they stop (don't over tighten), then turn counter-clockwise 2 1/2 turns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts