Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vulcan Bobber
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I sync the carbs using the yardstick tool, well at idle like the clymers manual say,Ok did it, but when I increase the throttle at 3000 or more rpm the rear cylinder mark more vacuum in the tool, anyway I ran the bike to see the effect of synchronisation at idle rpm but on the road the bike loose power.....soooo is it normal the diferent between front and rear cylinder at high rpm's?

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
yup. It's normal.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
You will never get the carbs synced at all RPMs. If they are synced at idle, they will be out of sync at higher RPM. If you sync them at higher RPM, they will be out at idle. It's due to the differences in compression between the cylinders as well as other tolerances throughout the engine that make it impossible to sync them for the entire range of engine RPM.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
And also consider that what comes out as a couple inches with the yardstick tool would be barely noticeable with a mercury manometer.... we're comparing something 13.6 times lighter than water vs something roughly .8 times the density of water. So something that would be 1mm with mercury would be 1.7 cm (about 5/8 inch). Most people wouldn't care about 1/2 a cm (1/4 in) difference with mercury sticks - but that's a bit over 3 1/4 inches with the oil sticks....

Gosh I hate flipping between english and metric... wish we'd just go to metric....

Get my point?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts