Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got my shifter fixed and also got the piston rings replaced. Before the engine split it was smooth as glass very little vibration. After the rebuilt, there is a lot more vibration (fairly constant and no grinding noises). As per other posts here in the forum I checked the oil level and found it a somewhat overfilled, so fixed that and the vibes reduced by some amount but still present. I'm thinking the ring replacement somewhat moved the vacuum of the cylinders screwing the carb sync... could this be the reason of the vibration? It's not too bad now and I don´t think it will rattle anything off but I want to get it back to been smooth. Should I try to sync the carbs?
Any input will be appreciated

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Did you replace the balance dampers?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the balancer dampers where replaced at the time. Also something that did omited is that at idle the motor thumps (?) ever so like a harley (but so much less pronounced)... so I'll try the sync over the weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Did you do the work? There are loads of timing issues to be taken care of when assembling the motor, anyone of them can cause this problem.

If you did not do the work, then I would take it back to whoever did and have them fix it.

Jon

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Must likely I'll take it back over the weekend to the shop where they worked on it.
One last thing I want to try it's that the sparkplugs they actually put DPR9EA-9 sparkplugs not the original DPR7EA-9 sparkplugs (the 9's are colder ones) so I got from them the right ones, change them last night. Engine seems a lot smoother, so I'm thinking they where misfiring heavily (the sparkplugs where sooted and they where only ridden for 100 miles or so) . Today I'll ride it some and take note on the vibration issue.

I'll keep posting to see if this fixes the problem.

Thanks for the input

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.