Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had three different career job in my life, being a mechanic, a bodyman and a electronic tech. With those 3 jobs under my belt you would think I could master anything.

Well I discovered I haven't mastered patience yet in getting the carbs on and off. I left the bike unattended for too long and the engine won't rev up. Do you think seafoam will help this or do I need to pull the carbs and reclean them.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Try it and see.it's easier than pulling the carbs.you can always remove the carbs carbs if it don't work

·
Registered
609 Posts
Unfortunately I've pulled my carbs several times, hopefully I won't have to again. Yes, it takes LOTS of patience, especially if the bike is stock. My advice, for what it's, worth, is to proceed slowly and if it gets too frustrating, just walk away for a while. One thing I did that seemed to help, since the carbs come out on the right side, was to use a Dremel tool to round the rear corners of the front cylinder fins to give just a bit more room to remove and replace the carbs. Every little bit helps. Read the steps in the service manual and pay special attention the the orientation of the carb boots. They have to be properly aligned. Also pay attention to the position of the clamps as they can be very difficult to re tighten if they're out of position. Plan to replace all fuel and vacuum lines while the carbs are out. If I can do it you can too! Good luck with it.

·
2,502 Posts
After the 5th time it gets even easier, lol. Maybe there's a member close to you that can help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts