Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

I finally got around to doing a video about removing the carbs.

Let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Well I just watched it, was it helpful? Absolutely it was. Does it make me want to attempt it? Absolutely not, I fully understand why folks do the earshave now.
I consider removing the carbs an “only if I really have to” job now.

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Don't miss that airbox at all. Looks like you were able to lift it quite a bit though.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I saw your video on my Youtube Subscription feed before it was posted here.

Awesome to see more videos from ya, your engine teardown videos are a cornerstone info source on the site.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice job Roach! I commend anyone for doing this daunting task - not just the carb removal but for creating a video too. I remember when I did my carbs last summer being surprised how few videos there were of this procedure considering how many of these bikes must be out there. Then again, when I was doing mine, I realized how difficult it would be to get a camera to "see" in there where even my screwdriver could barely fit. Plus, oh boy, the expletives! I would have had to mute all sound!:censored:

By way of honest feedback, I'm actually kinda glad I didn't see your video in retrospect. Helpful as it is and, as you say "by the book", I have doubts that the book way is easier after seeing what you had to go through. Your carbs slid out easier than mine did with the extra room you gained by raising the surge box but having to remove the cables and coolant stuff didn't look worth it to me. I could have had mine in and out twice in the time it took you to do that. A lot of cussing and bleeding knuckles and whacks with a rubber mallet maybe - but just sayin'.

Thank you for doing the video and posting it in any case. Great work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts