Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So some of you know what I'm working on & for those who don't... In due time. At the moment I need a couple of quick questions. 1.Does this go anywhere? does it need to have air? can it be restricted?
2. Can these be partially restricted? Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks.:notworthy

·
Super Moderator
11,927 Posts
1. No
2. No

If you want to restrict air supply to the carb, you have to do it by increasing the resistance to the entire mouth of the carb.
This can be accomplished by using a long tube the diameter of the carb mouth that has a smaller hole in the other end. The longer the tube and/or the smaller that hole the more restrictive the system is.
You can not selectively block off the smaller passages and not decrease the the restictions to the larger ones by the same percentage. As it would be very difficult to know exactly what those percentages are for each opening without suffisticated equipment, it is much simpler to enlarge the closed area surrounding the carb mouth and limiting the amout of air flow to it.
What this means is, if you want to keep the carbs sucking in the stock rate of air but you still want to do an earshave, you will need to find some way of retaining the stock "distance" between the air filter and the carb opening.
You could try running a hose from each carb mouth to central box (like the stock one under the tank ) , and use a large filter to handle both tubes.

KM

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I don't think that you need air at #1. You need air flowing through the little hole at #2, that meters your fuel feed into the intake. Have you thought of restricting the air filter by using some kind of cover over it. Run the bike and check the plug color (read the spark plug).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts