Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ... my bike had some trouble idling this morning, and would die unless I gave it gas. I figured something was stuck in the carbs and poured .... half a can :doh: of Seafoam into the gastank. Coincidentally or not, the problem cleared up almost instantly. UNTIL I got to work. It was raining heavy and the bike wouldn't start. I thought there was an electrical problem and installed a brand new MF battery. Still no start, and I realized that the left carburetor was pissing gasoline all over the bike. It's coming from the top, somewhere. I have to take the bike apart and look sometime this week.

Are there any common problem areas? Was half a tank of Seafoam too much? Might I have corroded a gasket or rubber piece?

:wow: Any input appreciated as always.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Seafoam is safe for rubber and gaskets.. I had basicaly the same issue.. your carbs are full of crap.. mine where full of larg chunks of black stuff from a bad choke plunger... take the carbs out clean them well.. replace the two big o rings in each carb.. pu thtme back in and run the hell out of it...that is a bunch of Seafoam you put in the tank.. you will probably need to add more gas to it to make up for that amount of Seafoam.. she is going to smoke for a while. but should run.

·
Registered
900 Posts
fyi.. I found that the left carb niddle was stuck and the fuel was comming up thru the opening and out of the top.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was exactly my problem. The carb needle "button" is broken, and won't push in. I have to order a new needle and then throw it back together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts