Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Carb reinstall is a nightmare. I removed with T cables attached, only removed choke. 2 hrs, I reinstalled carbs (cables removed to reinstall), I see where the pull goes, but cant see the decellerator end. Do I really even need it ? I see the cable seat, but dont see the end piece. Do I need to remove carbs again just to hook up the T cables ? Who designed these things ?
My Harley was so easy with one carb right in middle, one filter, and wide open...dang !
:confused:
If you open the throttle (i.e., use the pull cable to manipulate the carbs), you'll be able to see the push cable linkage (sort of behind and under everything). One time I did get the push cable installed once the carbs were on the bike, but, honestly, it'll be worth it to you to pull the carbs, install the cable, and then put the carbs back on. Do you have to have the second cable? No, it's really a safety feature. But might as well get the cables installed properly - and I can guarantee you you'll never do that again! :beerchug:

·
Registered
686 Posts
If you open the throttle (i.e., use the pull cable to manipulate the carbs), you'll be able to see the push cable linkage (sort of behind and under everything). One time I did get the push cable installed once the carbs were on the bike, but, honestly, it'll be worth it to you to pull the carbs, install the cable, and then put the carbs back on. Do you have to have the second cable? No, it's really a safety feature. But might as well get the cables installed properly - and I can guarantee you you'll never do that again! :beerchug:
^^^ To her point, look at the link below....you will notice the cables are re-attached before attaching carbs.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Thanks...

Sorry didnt reply earlier, but been very ill.
I did end up having to remove carbs again to reattach (also changed fuel lines same time), but ended up having to loosen the intake rubber on the one cyl to be able to reinstall. now she spits at me, but wont fire. Grrrr.....
Im gonna engineer a 2 into 1 manifold for these beasties that'll accept a nice single carb....like an S+S, lol...or more likely, a Mikuni...
Imagine that ?...a single carb by yer right leg, with a single filter. Remind you of anything ?...heck....lets just slap an old Amal on it from a BSA, lol.
Dont mind me...helluva week....tired, slightly medicated, and an hour past bedtime...
Thanks for your immediate responses and suggestions !!!!

>Wolfie :beerchug:

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
update

New fuel line into front carb was pinched, so gonna have to somehow get a 90 onto it....never ends, does it ?....guess I'll be yanking carbs again and drilling/tapping....I live on $40/wk, so funds limited for parts. Gonna get out there on the road before the first snow though !!!!!...AND after, long as roads are clean....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Heya....

Not fer nothing, but since the 70's Ive ridden at least 11 months per yr...long as the roads been plowed and the sun is out...Im out...cold dont scare us hillbillies....
Was gonna give up at first, mebbe sell it....then said...."naaaahhhh"....I like this lil thing too much....gonna keep plodding on and get er up NLT Sept methinks....got almost 3 months still then....*weg*

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Hey Cindy got a question for ya. Where do the two "T" togethered vac lines between the carbs go?

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Great Job

Great Job On The Photos!

·
Registered
384 Posts
That colored fuel line is used on a wide variety of older snowmobiles.
I would think most sled shops would either carry it or be able to tell you where you can get some. It's good fuel line, it stays pretty flexible, and holds up to fuel and any chemicals you generally put in the fuel for the carbs.
Hey Wolfie? I ride year round here as long as there isn't any ice or snow on the streets. I have ridden in single degree weather and you would be amazed at the looks you get.
You have some awesome pics there for the carbs Cindy. Kudos.
Is there a good place to put the vent line up under the tank that would keep it out of the wind? I have done an ear shave, and I'm going to put a single filter on the end and zip tie it up under there somewhere.
BTW Wolfie, I have a friend who is a machinist, and we are working on 2 separate manifolds for the heads to put 2 separate carbs on each side. I do like the single carb concept, easier to work on and a whole lot easier to tune.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
That colored fuel line is used on a wide variety of older snowmobiles.
I would think most sled shops would either carry it or be able to tell you where you can get some.
It's good fuel line, it stays pretty flexible, and holds up to fuel and any chemicals you generally put in the fuel for the carbs.
Auto "Speed Shops" will have it

WilliamTech:smiley_th

·
Registered
61 Posts
thank you so much for these pics!!! You made my day!! I may actually get to ride my bike for the first time now that I have this info, it covers exactly the problem I've been having.

·
Registered
61 Posts
yes, thank you slim, I had just posted that in my intro...then decided to look in the fuel section and found that right after :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Speedygoat

Does anyone know the setting for the left carbs air cutoff valve? The right carb has no screw. Had to buy new cover and screw.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts