Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's cold in the garage, so I decided I'd take pics of my carbs instead of reinstalling them on the bike this afternoon. Also, I labeled some of the key parts - or at least those areas (air/fuel mix adjustment screw, sync screw, etc.) that seem to come up often in the threads. http://www.vn750.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=548
These aren't great, but hopefully they're more visible than the ones in the Clymer's manual. :D

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Can you get to the Jets with the carbs on? I was thinking of changing the jets but not sure I want to go throught the hassel of removing the carbs.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
nice, we need to have those pics listed in a post and stickied in the vulcan versus!!!

nice vent hoses.... what grade of hose is that?

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice vent hoses.... what grade of hose is that?
It's a fuel line that I bought from someone here on the Forum who had had enough of his project bike and needed money for school. He found some extra line and tossed it in the box - much needed! But I don't know where he got it - and it may look pretty dumb by the time everything's up and running. Although, trust me, by the time everything is up and running, I won't care what those lines look like. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Chad,
Unless you can figure out a way to get both carb bowl covers off and some way to get a large screwdriver in there to take out the jets, the carbs will have to come off. I find it hard enough to open the drain screws let alone get the bowl covers off. I guess that part could be done but getting to the jets is another story. They are soft brass so they damage easily.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Cindy,
Great job with the pics!! You have come a long way from where you were not so long ago!!

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
Yepper, definitely a great job Cindy, thanks for posting those!

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Cindy -

A-One effort there. Will definitely hlps people down the line. AGree they should be stickied.

Yes, cool hose you've got there.

Jon

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Can you get to the Jets with the carbs on? I was thinking of changing the jets but not sure I want to go throught the hassel of removing the carbs.
I have changed my jets as many times as there have been Saturday's since beginning of January. I am shaved so I do not have an air box.

This past Saturday, it took just under an hour from walking in the garage, to backing out for a test ride. Includes pulling seat, tank, and carbs, changed all four jets and changed needle clip setting.

Sad that I am getting so proficient at it !

Couldn't imagine doing it with carbs on the bike, but there are those who can do it. I am not one of them.

Jon

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Super photo descriptions there Cindy !! That deserves 3 thumbs up !! :smiley_th :smiley_th :smiley_th
Certainly will be a big help to people.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I have not shaved the ears, I guess i will wait till I do that to Jet.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dang.. LOL i was just thinking last week.. man no body has some pics of these carbs.. Maybe I should t..... Cool you did it!

Actually I was thinking of some internal pics.. I have rebuilt carbs on other bikes before.. but these are bit dif..

Correction.. I see jaster131 has some good pics of carbs.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jaster131/album/576460762326205230

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
I don't think I want to go snooping around someone elses carbs looking for blue tubing when I don't know the person. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Wanted to make sure I was looking at the right screws to drain the carbs before I played with the wifeys bike. She wouldn't be happy if I started messing with something that didn't need messing with :)

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the pics. Wanted to make sure I was looking at the right screws to drain the carbs before I played with the wifeys bike. She wouldn't be happy if I started messing with something that didn't need messing with :)
Heck, she should sign up for the Forum and take care of the carbs herself - will make for a much happier marriage when there's no blame to go around. Now, you sure you got the right screws? :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes those pics are much aprieciated! Gives me an idea what might be in store for me. As far as changing jets not unless its absulutly nessiary

1 - 20 of 59 Posts