Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to remove the carbureator this afternoon in order to attempt to clean/rebuild them. This is my first bike and I have NO experience whatsoever. Can someone get me a link or instructions on what I need to do? I saw that a carb rebuild can run $300, but would it run that high if I have already taken them off of the bike?

Also, since it was removed I was able to look down into the head and there seems to be quite a bit more gas sitting in there than there should be, is this because of the carb?

Thanks All, Rock on!

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
do you have the Kawa Service manual? it gives real in depth carb rebuild procedures. I have done a lot of carb work over the years, and I was very intimidated by the nv750 carbs...until i took apart the first one and saw how simple they are.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I feel your pain,I took out my carbs this evening, and they're sitting on the kitchen table. Good thing I already have the manual OlHoss posted, I say good luck to both of us.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
i wish i had known about the online manual before i bought the paper manual

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
Take your time and all will come out well. The first time takes the longest. I can now have them out, pulled apart, cleaned, and back in in about 2 hours. Gotta stop using cheap gas.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quien me puede ayudar? pues tengo una Kawsaki Vulcan 2001 y de ves en cuando se me apaga, que pudiera ser el problema

Who can help me? I have a Vulcan Kawsaki 2001 and once in a while I was off, that could be the problem

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Try a different translation, that one doesn't make sense. Y los huevones aqui, que no hablar Espanol, estan cabezas del penes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
CAballero you can check the kick stand switch sometime it give out, and causes the bike to shut off on you...

Does anybody know where i can find the kits to rebuild the carburetors?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts