Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bicycle tire

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Crankset

I recently bought an 86’ Vulcan 750, but it came in pieces so I don’t exactly know what goes where and what I’m missing. Im
currently trying to connect the fuel lines but im not sure what goes where, I’m pretty sure the lines coming to a T (blue) goes to the breather but I’m not sure about the others.
If someone could connect the colours for me that’d help a lot!

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
View attachment 54024
View attachment 54025
I recently bought an 86’ Vulcan 750, but it came in pieces so I don’t exactly know what goes where and what I’m missing. Im
currently trying to connect the fuel lines but im not sure what goes where, I’m pretty sure the lines coming to a T (blue) goes to the breather but I’m not sure about the others.
If someone could connect the colours for me that’d help a lot!
Blue is the carb vent, connect to the blue circle on the bottom of the tank.

Green on the petcock is vacuum, connected from the port on the side of the left carb. The other two on the petcock are fuel, connect to red and green shown in the second pic.

·
Member? ... check.
568 Posts
Blue is the carb vent, connect to the blue circle on the bottom of the tank.
I think this might be wrong. The carbs typically vent to the back of the right filter box (ear).
I think the connector in the blue circle on bottom of the tank is merely a drain for any leak that may occur at the fuel sender unit. My '91 never had a hose connected to that location as far as I ever remember, but having a hose on it leading away from the top of the engine might be a sound safety initiative.

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
I think this might be wrong. The carbs typically vent to the back of the right filter box (ear).
I think the connector in the blue circle on bottom of the tank is merely a drain for any leak that may occur at the fuel sender unit. My '91 never had a hose connected to that location as far as I ever remember, but having a hose on it leading away from the top of the engine might be a sound safety initiative.
You're right, in stock form the vents go to the air filter housing on either side.

I approached it as if it was earshaved, and the fuel sender cover is about the best spot in that case. Though mine is ziptied to the frame below the tank.

The vent needs dead air space, wind will cause it to bog out at higher speeds.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I always wondered why there would be a hose barb at the sender when there isn't any fuel or vapor flow there. Always something to learn!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts