Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have MAC staggered pipes and shaved off the ears.

So I have been trying to get the jetting right for a few weeks.

Currently have 42/140F and 42/142R, needle on the second position from the top. Had 40/140F and 40/142R and the bump to the 42's help steadystate cruising.

It idles well and cruises well. If I blip the throttle while donwshifting for example, it does not rev, just no response. If I give it a better twist it revs, but not smoothly.

If I wind it open past about 5K rpm, it starts to stumble, sort of like its running out of gas. No its not the carb vent line, thats tied wrapped to the frame under the tank facing rearwards.

I don't know whether to go to larger main jets, go down another step or two on the needles, or both.

Any experiece would be greatly appreciated.

Jon

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Well, the way I've read it, it would seem that stock needles aren't adjustable, and others have added spacers under the needle, so I'd think you need to drop the clip down some.

As far as the blip of the throttle before downshifting and getting no responce, my Vulcan does that too, with no mods other than the pipes. So I'm interested in what anyone might have to add about that.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, my needles have to be aftermarket though I didn't change them.

Perhaps up a notch and see what happens.

Jon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts