Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys so just got a vn750 and was told when I bought it that it had fuelling issues. I had a go at removing the carbs yesterday and Jesus is it tricky. Anyone got some advice before I chop the air box to bits rip the old carbs off and go through the ball ache of a single carb conversion? I'd rather keep the original set up but I'm not messing around like this every time I need to do carb work

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
look into the ear shave.read the Vulcan Verses on here.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
a few have talked about converting to a single carb but it's not practical

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
One thing that I did was to remove the idle speed screw when I put the carbs back in. Mine was bent pretty badly when I pulled the carbs--not sure if I did it or if it was that way? It seemed like they went in a little better with it out of the way. Maybe it's just the way I was doing it? I'm not an expert by any means, so maybe wouldn't have much effect for you. It was easy enough for me to put the idle screw on after the carbs were in place. . . .

GDI

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know the removal is a pain but once you do it a few times you get to figure out a good method and routing to make it a bit easier. Removing the air box and doing the ear shave is both esthetic and helps with room to work with. Depending on how hard the rubber has gotten for the carb boots you might look into replacing them or atleast warming them up or treating them to make them more pliable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts