Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am putting my bike back together and i cant remember where all the hoses from the carbs go. i had way to many things going on i didnt get it back together as fast as i wanted. anyways there are 4 hoses coming off the carbs and three go the the on off valve and i think one goes to the vent on the back of the tank but not sure, the longer one that i thought went there gets kinked when i try to put it there.
any info would be verry helpfull of pics would be even better thanks

·
Registered
796 Posts
The one that goes to the breather comes from the top center of the 2 carbs from the "T". The one on the right carb by the air/fuel screw goes back to the valve under the seat. Check the carb section. I believe there are pics of the hoses and where they go.

·
Registered
278 Posts
IIRC, 2 fuel hoses go to the petcock. One for ON/PRI and one for Reserve. The other to the petcock is a vent hose (middle position). There should be 2 more hoses, one from each carb that connects to a "T" fitting. A single hose from the "T" vents to the right side ear. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Hope this helps.

John

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the one from the T is the one i thought went to the breather on the bottom back of the tank, when you say right ear do you mean air filter? cuz i cant see a nipple for the hose to go on.
thanks

·
Registered
796 Posts
The one from the "T" is the hose that goes to the right ear goes in a spot on the breather cover at the top rear of it. If you run your finger just inside the edge of the cover you can feel it. The hose just slides in to that but make sure you cut the hose at a 45 degree angle to keep it from bottoming out.

You may have to route it up between the boots of the carbs to get it from kinking.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
IIRC, 2 fuel hoses go to the petcock. One for ON/PRI and one for Reserve. The other to the petcock is a vent hose (middle position). There should be 2 more hoses, one from each carb that connects to a "T" fitting. A single hose from the "T" vents to the right side ear. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Hope this helps.

John
CORRECTION johnm. :)

Middle nipple on the petcock is a vacuum line from engine to open fuel valve only when engine is running.

The two fuel lines to each side of the vacuum line, from the petcock go to a separate fuel bowl on each carb.

ON, PRIME (only the 3 or 4 earliest model years have prime position that allows fuel to flow w/o vacuum) and RESERVE positions feed both fuel lines.

You are correct about the vent lines from the carbs to the "T" and right side ear.:smiley_th

It has taken me a long time to get all this straight too.
I will see if I can recognize all the lines on the bike later when I actually have to work on the carbs.:confused:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Appreciate the correction, Gordon. I am rather new to this bike and was working from memory which usually gets me in trouble (CRS disease, LOL).

John

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm not understanding. I have 3 lines to my petcock, I have one that goes to the valve under my seat, then I have another tube, the tube the connects between my carbs but I don't see any "t" fitting..

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
3 hoses on the petcock. center one goes to the vacuum line on left (front) carb, the other 2 go to the carbs for feeding fuel. none should go under the seat. the right side carb (rear) vacuum port goes under the seat to the valve for the emissions stuff.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
The Tee is for the vent lines off the carb bowls, the vents both come off the carbs in the between the two carbs and are hard to see unless the tank is removed and you look down from the top.

Each vent comes off the carb, to the Tee, then a single line goes into one of the filter housings (ear).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts