Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok since my last thread's topic got changed im doin this 1. i got my bike runnin a little better but it still cuts out, cept this time its the rear cylinder. ive put carb cleaner in it, adjusted the air/fuel mixture and drained the bowls but still cuttin out. mainly at low rpms. any ideas?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Have you checked the plugs?
maby a coil

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you checked the plugs?
maby a coil
i cleaned the plugs. i just went for a ride... it didnt mess up once! it was like this when my dad had it, it would run good then all of a sudden it would run like crap then it would come out of it. w/e it is i dont want it to happen again so im still asking for suggestions

·
"ya can't live forever"
321 Posts
Try removing and inspecting your coil wires . Sometimes the core of the wire will receed, resulting in bad contact with the pin in the coil. Trim a little rubber off the end and reinsert, then tighten them down well. This could cure your problem.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've had the same problem somedays the bike runs fine. Other days it runs rough tack jumps losses power. Yesterday I decided to check the front coil and it checked ok with a meter. Putting it back together i noticed that the wires were not seated all the way in the coil. Had to reroute the wires to get some more slack. Went for a test ride. Commute to work and home no problems. I did have one little problem on the test ride but i think thats another post.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try removing and inspecting your coil wires . Sometimes the core of the wire will receed, resulting in bad contact with the pin in the coil. Trim a little rubber off the end and reinsert, then tighten them down well. This could cure your problem.
will do
I've had the same problem somedays the bike runs fine. Other days it runs rough tack jumps losses power. Yesterday I decided to check the front coil and it checked ok with a meter. Putting it back together i noticed that the wires were not seated all the way in the coil. Had to reroute the wires to get some more slack. Went for a test ride. Commute to work and home no problems. I did have one little problem on the test ride but i think thats another post.
thanx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts