Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when rebuilding my carbs, I've notice that the rubber for the diaphragm is pretty dried out and needed to be stretched out a little to be able to fit the groves to be able to put the large top cap back on.

Is there a way to replace just the rubber diaphragm without replacing the entire slide? Would anyone know where to look to find the replacements? Would like to try going this route before dishing out $100+ per slide.

I thought I saw a discussion on this awhile back, but I'm not finding it via a search, and I don't recall who had suggested it as a possibility.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Might have already answered my own question. Found this:

http://jbmindustries.com/Keihin_diaphragm.html

Looks like at least one VN750 owner has bought from them and had success in replacing theirs with the K-67 diaphragms from the above site.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
....and someone made a video of their replacement.

http://youtu.be/8uAKLumv7No

Granted, this was done for a different make and model of carb and bike, but it is still a CV style carb, so the concept should be pretty much the same.

·
Banned
2,190 Posts
I advised them and they were installed on a '83 Shadow. Worked great. They are more robust than OEM and should be replaced as a set to maintain slide timing.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+1 on that website. That's where I got mine a while back and they worked great. Hopefully he's updated to reflect which ones fit the VN750.
Yeah, I ordered from him and got them today. Took me all of 5 minutes to install. He went as far as to put up a special note for the VN750. Made it super easy to order.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
A Keihin 34 is a Keihin 34....thats what ya search when lookin....not for "VN750 carb"....too many do that...the CVK34 was used on MANY different vehicles, including even watercraft and snowmobiles....its the one part on our bikes that will never be an issue finding stuff for....

Glad ya made out ok, and great finding a good distributor !....:beerchug:

Im gonna make this a sticky.....

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A Keihin 34 is a Keihin 34....thats what ya search when lookin....not for "VN750 carb"....too many do that...the CVK34 was used on MANY different vehicles, including even watercraft and snowmobiles....its the one part on our bikes that will never be an issue finding stuff for....

Glad ya made out ok, and great finding a good distributor !....:beerchug:

Im gonna make this a sticky.....
Yeah, I ran my search for CVK34 diaphragm replacement and that's how I came across the site. The guy that runs it did a good job getting information up on the site, and getting the parts out quick and cheap. I highly recommend them for anyone else that needs new diaphragms.

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
I guess my catalog of maintenance/repair videos on YouTube got wiped out, but I found a backup of a few including the slide diaphragms. I think these slides were in a KZ440, but the process is identical aside from alignment. On a VN750, there is no rotational alignment.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It would appear that JBMindustries is no more (at least their website doesn't work). Has anyone found a good source for new diaphragms? On the 700, they are slightly warped and not wanting to stay in the groove. One side has a noticeably weaker "whoosh"

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
It would appear that JBMindustries is no more (at least their website doesn't work). Has anyone found a good source for new diaphragms? On the 700, they are slightly warped and not wanting to stay in the groove. One side has a noticeably weaker "whoosh"
Found some a few months back. Takes a lot of google, cross-referencing part/model numbers and all searching in the ebays and webs.

There's a page somewhere that sells the rubber by itself and shows how to change the slide, I've posted the link before.

edit: almost forgot, look for Harley and Arctic cat , same carbs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts