Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Competent Noob
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK what am I doing wrong here? I am no dummy. I have done the brakes on my 3/4 ton diesel plenty of times. I too the left side caliper etc off, took the pads off cleaned everything up and for the sake of Pete, I can not get the first pad back on. The one that goes next to the piston. It is all the way pushed back and I'm pushing everything else all the way back but I need like 1 more millimeter of clearance to get that $;';'!"("+%;%;#:#;$($( back on. Is there a trick or am I just nuts?

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
OK what am I doing wrong here? I am no dummy. I have done the brakes on my 3/4 ton diesel plenty of times. I too the left side caliper etc off, took the pads off cleaned everything up and for the sake of Pete, I can not get the first pad back on. The one that goes next to the piston. It is all the way pushed back and I'm pushing everything else all the way back but I need like 1 more millimeter of clearance to get that $;';'!"("+%;%;#:#;$($( back on. Is there a trick or am I just nuts?
The caliper piston is not pushed all the way back in.

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Unscrew the bleeder a bit, attach a tube if you have one just to hold any fluid that comes out. Use a nice c clamp and the old brake pad to force the piston back in.

·
Competent Noob
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On never mind I actually am a moron. Oh and thanks for the responses as well.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Was it the little tab on the clip that sits in the caliper notch? That was my guess, gave me a tiny bit of trouble. :)

·
Competent Noob
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh no, much worse. I put the pad that should be the second one on, on first. Which explains the extreme difficult. As soon as I got it on I realized i as an imbecile who should not even be allowed to own wrenches, much less a motorcycle. It was even harder to get it back off. Once I got it off I had the thing reinstalled in like 1 minute.

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Oh no, much worse. I put the pad that should be the second one on, on first. Which explains the extreme difficult. As soon as I got it on I realized i as an imbecile who should not even be allowed to own wrenches, much less a motorcycle. It was even harder to get it back off. Once I got it off I had the thing reinstalled in like 1 minute.
I extended my tail light wiring, and ended up taping all wires and bare spade connectors together. Couldn't figure out why my tail light fuse kept blowing over and over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts