Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
87 VN750 Lookin Good
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced the stator a week ago and now it seems when I start it it either has great charging or it doesn't. I replaced the connector to the stator leads from the also new rectifier, with male plugs because the connector was a little melted. I cleaned up the terminals on the other black box. I know the battery ground is good because I cleaned up the ground when I pulled the motor. could it be something simple (LOL everything seems to be a pain), like a relay or something to do with the lights? I have installed flash equalizers on my hard saddlebags to make the turn signal speed the same. If I shut off the bike and restart it it seems to go away. very puzzled please help with any thoughts, I would like to finally go 100 miles without any problems, at least it doesn't leak any oil anymore. Thanks steve:lockd:

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
You could look up the headlight relay bypass and try that. I haven't reviewed it but read it the other day, I recall in one post they said it sometimes cured low charge voltage.

All you do is release the blue wire from a plug and put it into the empty hole on the same plug. After you do this your headlight will come on as soon as the key is switched on.

http://www.vn750.com/forum/gtsearch....vn750.com/forum/index.php&ss=4025j2010637j14

·
87 VN750 Lookin Good
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured it out

I forgot to mention it was a h.d. stator I put in. instead of 40-70 volts ac, It puts out almost 115 volts ac. So I installed a set of two 55w fog lamps to my front forks and ran the voltmeter leads to the turn sig lights in front. Blew a headlight fuse so put in a 15 amp fuse. (I run the fog lamps off my brights ) lo and behold I also ran a ground to my r/r mod and cleaned up the grounds on the battery and frame. NO MORE PROBLEMS!!!!! finally trust the bike to ride cross country, I guess the r/r was just shunting the extra volts to ground.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,223 Posts
cool.glad to hear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts