Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You should have seen the laugh I gave the crew at work today..

Its been very cold at 5:30 on my 40 mile commute to work.
I don't have the scratch for a windshield yet and can't find my old leather jacket and since my carhart just doent cut the wind at 60mph I made a chest shield out of a variety cereal cardboard box and hung it over my neck with a bootlace..

Well I get to the garage and open my jacket and they all start calling me captain crunch :)

P.S. worked perfect by the way!

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
lol.....i almost used the pallet wrap at work at rain gear once (like skrink wrap). i decided that the heat from the engine might make interesting results so i opted not too....

look on e-bay or get ur part number and search froogle (google shop site) i got my NC windshield for 80 some odd bucks

·
Registered
226 Posts
I got mine used at a local shop for 65. Best money I think I've spent o the bike as far as accessories go. Hands down, if I had to choose between a seat, a bag, or a windshield, I'd go for the windshield.

I like your cereal box idea though.

Ben

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I once worked at a food distribution center and the night ops manager pissed off the guys and they pallet wrapped his car.. When he went to go cut it out the sprinklers came on!

Than a few months later he got pallet wrapped to a hi-lo and left hanging for quite awhile
------------------------------------
Its so annoying with the windshield issue I won't be able to afford it for a few months even at the low prices you guys found, but in the afternoon at 70F, I am completely comforatble and have to strap my layers in a homemade, well workmade, cargo net made from used mule tape (1800 lb test syntetic flat 1/2" wide.. just perfect!) Yeah got to wait on bags too :)

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
Why wait....2 words credit card. lol. just be careful, as i've almost got carried away buying my new summer jacket and rain gear

·
Registered
9 Posts
Word of advice go to an army/navy surplus shop the military clothing (cold weather) out does anything the motorcycle company have ...and best part it's cheap :motorcycl

·
Registered
2 Posts
w/s

Just bought a Maier Cruiser shield type 4 yesterday from JC Whitney for $70 plus $11 shipping. I love these shields and JC and the boys are great to work with. The shield is very easy to remove but you don't want to go 90 mph all day with the handlebar mounted type. does anybody have a right rear turnsignal with a good stalk? I can't get mine to glue where it is broke. There is a pair on ebay for $50 bid so I guess I may buy them and then I'll have a left one for sale! Rocky

1 - 8 of 8 Posts