Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered several sets of pads for my VN750’s and none came with the hardware clips to hold them in the calipers. I’ve never seen pads that didn’t come with hardware, but they didn’t. These are expensive too, but didn’t include it. :|:|

I’ve been looking everywhere for the clips and can’t find them so does anyone have a source for them or know if a substitute before i go try and make some?

Ps- these pads are AWESOME. I’ve put a few hundred miles on them with one of my bikes and they have no brake dust, no fade, and the sintered ceramic gold works awesome. Recommended!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,459 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks I’m checking into it. That price is ridiculous for a tiny piece of metal.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Definitely overpriced.

Usually get them for autos, with the pads, but never did get them for the ATVs. Haven't had to do them on my bike yet.

I put ceramic pads on my car, and a year later my rotors are wompy. 4-wheel discs on it.

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a chance to check and the clips are actually there, just not working. All the diagrams in my books shown it’s all correct so must be a tolerance thing. It’s still falling out and dragging the rotor. I don’t see why these clips aren’t other way around. The tabs are on the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Can they be squeezed a bit to make them grip tighter? Have to get just the right amount, I know they're a royal pita when they're bent. It's hard to spring them back into shape.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ceramic is definitely hard on brake rotors. I stopped using them on cars as well. Good name brand semi-metallic is what I've gone back to.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Ceramic is definitely hard on brake rotors. I stopped using them on cars as well. Good name brand semi-metallic is what I've gone back to.
That's what I'm doing if there's a next time, with new rotors. Bad thing is, replacement rotors tend to be cheap-ese unless you really step up the money. They're not real bad yet, but the vibration is there.

Bummer because the wheels are so hard to clean.

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I love these pads. Perfect response. Very grippy, but smooth at the same time. They definitely have a nicer control. None of the other bikes are even close and they have everything from $20 ebay pads to factory Tokico. They just don’t apply themselves with the same authority. I’ll definitely buy more for the other bikes.

Rotors being turned or replaced are common maintenance. Besides they are dirty cheap. I have over 10 options on rotors for $15 shipped in the first row on ebay. No way I’d drive a crappy pad for no reason. 90% of people who have VN’s have never turned their rotors so all those on ebay are factory thickness and would be on their first turn.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Can autozone or O'Rielly's turn motorcycle rotors?

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Rotors for the bike aren't so cheap unless can find used ones.

Never knew of anyone turning a bike rotor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts