Discussion Starter #3

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
i have that in a short sleeve. it gets noticed

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I have the short sleeved one too,I get a lot of dumb stares but at lest they see me.
Code:

·
Registered
401 Posts
I need one or need to put a strobe on the bike.

·
Columbus, Ohio
523 Posts
I'll probably get some flack for this, but I think that if you wear offensive logos on your shirt, you will get a lot more attitude from drivers. This translates inot being cut off, short stopped, and not being given favors in traffic when you ask for them. I am all for beng seen, but I would not try to p*ss off folks. Bikers historically suffer from the bad manners of those who went before them.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
:loser1::loser1:my s*&tty attitude is none of your f*&king business. it had to be said somewhere

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
knifemaker i understand your position on riding gear but if i wore all the gear all the time i would drive the cage. but i respect your choice to ride your way all i ask is you respect mine.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
and yes i do understand the risks i undertake it is not just the inattentive drivers it is also wildlife, equipment failures, and road condition among many other things. my wife is an emt she has been trying to get me to wear my gear since i laid down my 82 maxim when the school bus pulled out in front of me. I have a friend who lost the lower half of his left leg when he got broadsided by a truck while riding and a friend who is covered in road rash due to a car cutting across 3 lanes and turning right in front of him. but i still choose to ride the way i do because it is my choice.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,766 Posts
I'll probably get some flack for this, but I think that if you wear offensive logos on your shirt, you will get a lot more attitude from drivers. This translates inot being cut off, short stopped, and not being given favors in traffic when you ask for them. I am all for beng seen, but I would not try to p*ss off folks. Bikers historically suffer from the bad manners of those who went before them.
I agree with Jim. I'd wear it, without the last line, over my mesh. I'm wearing an orange vest over it now, so I don't see a lot of difference.

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
oh boy, here go again!:boxing::itchy-scr
nope we all agree to disagree. flitecontrol they do make them without the last line they actually have reflective stripes on the front and the words are reflective. the local leather shop here used to sell them, in both versions

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
nope we all agree to disagree. flitecontrol they do make them without the last line they actually have reflective stripes on the front and the words are reflective. the local leather shop here used to sell them, in both versions
All mine says is "can you see me now "on the back.I would not wear the other one either,And I heard Michelle at the Motorcycle Ranch say she wasn't going to stock the others .

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
diamond jims caters to the wannabe badass crowd we call them r.u.b's Rich urban bikers. mostly riding customs playing biker on the weekend.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Sio what, you wear one of those over your mesh jacket? , Won't that kind of negate the whole point of the mesh?

If you are just wearing a t shirt while you ride you are already sending a message to some drivers..............

;)

KM
I'm not interested in getting involved with any argumentative nonsense, I'm just curious: what message is being sent to drivers by only wearing a t-shirt?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I am saying its hot and I live down south and cars have ac.I don't ! as for any other conclusions any body else draws, I can't say.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts