Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
03 Vulcan 750
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made some floorboards Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

using Knifemakers design. The Shifter was moved up to allow for the engine guard to be added so now I am wondering if it can be moved up again since the floorboard and pad have me dipping my toe to get under it.
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
234 Posts
Made some floorboards View attachment 54485
using Knifemakers design. The Shifter was moved up to allow for the engine guard to be added so now I am wondering if it can be moved up again since the floorboard and pad have me dipping my toe to get under it. View attachment 54487
In your pic, it appears the shifter lever is actually hitting the board? Is it?

·
Registered
10,061 Posts
Made some floorboards View attachment 54485
using Knifemakers design. The Shifter was moved up to allow for the engine guard to be added so now I am wondering if it can be moved up again since the floorboard and pad have me dipping my toe to get under it. View attachment 54487
You should be able to, I did the same thing with the stock pegs when I put my shifter back on.

I eyeballed it, then when I actually tried using the shifter I had to drip my toe way down to get under it.

One tooth up, think that's what I did, maybe two.

·
Super Moderator
12,275 Posts
You can move it up or down as long as it doesn’t hit anything that keeps it from working. I found that the rubber sleeve wasn’t doing a good job of protecting my boots, so I also covered it with a rubber hose.
The floorboards end at the same spot the stock footpegs do, so usually you don’t need to adjust the lever, but may need to move your foot up when you shift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts