Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about getting one, but it doesn't appear that they will fit our bikes. Just wondering what others use to get their bikes in the air.

'05 vn750 first ride
Yusa Battery
Iridium plugs
Pick up coil mod
Planning spline lube

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
When doing a Spline Lube or removing the rear wheel I put it on the center stand then slide a 2x4 under that. I haven't removed the front wheel yet but I would probably do the same and put a car jack under the front frame with a block of wood between the jack and the bike.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I have been thinking about getting one, but it doesn't appear that they will fit our bikes. Just wondering what others use to get their bikes in the air.

'05 vn750 first ride
Yusa Battery
Iridium plugs
Pick up coil mod
Planning spline lube
Put it on the center stand and then block the front of the frame up and you can get both ends off the ground for cheap.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Yes you can, there is a bracket you can instal on a jack that will allow you to lift our bikes.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Yep, but I used the other ways mentioned above, really didn't need one till I got the Sportster then I had to buy one... Spend the money other wise...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Super Moderator
12,036 Posts
I just levitated mine using the power of the "Force"....

Before that, I'd let my neighbor just pick the thing up while I worked on it. Seems he was exposed to some "gamma rays" and if you piss him off a little he turns green and gets real strong.

But mostly just using the center stand was good enough for most of the jobs, and a cinder block did a good job of holding the front end up when needed.

Jacks are for folks that can't sit down and work.....;)

·
Registered
619 Posts
To be honest I bought a hydraulic motorcycle ramp but I hardly ever used it after I bought it so the ramp is now at my daughters stuck in the corner of her garage so its not in my way :doh:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mostly, I use a table lift, but I work on a lot of bikes. The center stand is all I use for minor service (oil changes, cable adjustments, etc.). I'm like being able to sit on my stool and wheel all over the shop. It's lazy and childish, but I enjoy it, so back off! :cool:

In the past, I have used a tow rope and tree branch to lift the end I needed to work on...

Hippie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts