Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to delete my key ignition with a toggle or toggles. I have it all figured out aesthetically, but not sure mechanically how it will work.

The wiring diagram shows 7 wires going to the switch - two pair and one threesome in the on position.

Can I just wire three toggles? Two two-wire toggles and a tri-wire? Then, to turn the bike on you flip all three.

Sound plausible?

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well sir, that's why I asked. I saw three sets of connections made by turning the key on. If I used three toggles, I could control the connections independently?

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
I'd like to see this diagram myself. I had often wanted to do this because I had such a problem with that damn switch.

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me too. There seem to be three connections. I'll look at my Clymer in a minute and see what I can come up with

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see orange/green going to the turn signal relay, the white/blue is ground?

Then red to tail light, blue to jb?

Then yellow to stop switch, white ground? And brown/white to r/r or jb.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
And here....since yer teaching....I thought you knew everything.....I HAVE/Had an ultra Hi-res wiring diagram...sent it to a few members here...I cant access my drive now with it on it thanks to a former member killing my old HD, but ask around and mebbe someonw will be nice....

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

1. And here....since yer teaching...
2.I thought you knew everything.....
3.I HAVE/Had an ultra Hi-res wiring diagram...sent it to a few members here...I cant access my drive now with it on it thanks to a former member killing my old HD, but ask around and mebbe someonw will be nice....

1. I'm not teaching, I'm asking for help. The wiring identification was completely new to me since I don't play with electricity well. I think I did okay, but have no idea. That's why I'm asking... Not teaching.
2. I don't have a polite response for that.
3. I don't care for a high res diagram - the one in my Clymer is fine for me.

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
But back to the subject - can these three sets

O/G + W/B

R+L,

and

Y+W+Br/W

Be grouped into three toggles for independent control of the circuits?

I think the answer is yes (but will wait for someone to confirm) because it seems like turning the key to the on position completes those circuits I just mentioned.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts