Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang, I'm at work so I hijacked a pic from Biglally(nice ride btw). I have been through the entire manual, and searched all day but I need to identify this wire. the PO had it covered with silicone, and now it's leaking again (big surprise). Any help is appreciated.
mysterywire.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Hi gang, I'm at work so I hijacked a pic from Biglally(nice ride btw). I have been through the entire manual, and searched all day but I need to identify this wire. the PO had it covered with silicone, and now it's leaking again (big surprise). Any help is appreciated.
View attachment 23801
The 3 stator wires . Goes to the regulator

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
there are two sets of wires there the first is the stator wire set it will have 3 wires coming out of the grommet the second is the wires for the pick up coils there will be 4 of them both can leak if some one has pulled the cover and didnt seal it properly when reinstalling

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick responses! So, if I cut away the silicone what would I be dealing with? just a grommet that doesn't fit right or is gone for all I know? I assume that the only way into that is a road I don't have the nerve to go down...

·
2,502 Posts
Right, I would clean it up and re-seal it with fresh silicone. If you ever have to replace the stator it will have a new wire harness with a new grommet on it.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Thanks for the quick responses! So, if I cut away the silicone what would I be dealing with? just a grommet that doesn't fit right or is gone for all I know? I assume that the only way into that is a road I don't have the nerve to go down...
You can clean it up really good and make sure its 100% degreased and try to seal it with more high temp silicone or gasket maker but if that doesn't work you will need to pull the engine to reseal it the right way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts