Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I see aftermarket turn signals all over the place on ebay, but it seems like I can't find any that I think would work with my 93 750? They all have a screw mount, but the ones on my bike turn in and out of the plastics. I don't even know if that makes sense, although I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about.

So do I just buy whatever? Use washers and just screw it on tight? Just not sure what to do at this point.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Not sure if you are looking for front or rear ones....you can buy ones that are like OEM and mount as they should normally HERE for front signals

Or if you want to change the look, go with aftermarket ones and make the mounts work with washers and whatever you need to do to mount them.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
I'll add if you don't get the OEM replacement in the link, and buy all new LED signals, you'll need a new flasher unit as the one on the bike won't work will LED signals....
The leds I got for the rear worked fine, didn't need to buy a flasher unit. I drilled 1 hole on each side of the taillight bezel to mount.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
One can use large fender washers to mount the aftermarkets into the existing holes....awhile back, I had Yamaha sigs on mine, and they had the threadded shaft (and solid stem)...with that type, you can eliminate the extra ground wire too, which the rubber Kawis require, since they ground thru the frame (like normal bikes)...

·
2,527 Posts
If you need signals I got a bunch of them for sale.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
The leds I got for the rear worked fine, didn't need to buy a flasher unit. I drilled 1 hole on each side of the taillight bezel to mount.
That's because you didn't replace "all" of them, just the rear. As long as there's one standard bulb on the circuit you don't need a diffrent flasher. RIF.

;)

KM

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
LED'S are the way to go. Uses way less electricity. That much more power to crank engine over.
The only lights that come on before you crank the engine are the instrument panel lights. The headlight, and parking lights don't come on until the bike starts. I see 100 reasons why to switch over to LEDs but because they take away from starting power isn't one of em.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
That's because you didn't replace "all" of them, just the rear. As long as there's one standard bulb on the circuit you don't need a diffrent flasher. RIF.

;)

KM

Thanks KM, never even realised that.:rockon:

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Be careful about non DOT signals. The cops around here have a thing about those little tiny ones, or if they are mounted too close together. I think it is mostly because a lot of sportbike riders use them, and they will use any excuse they can to stop a sportbike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts