Live down a 100 yard road with mud and deep Spring time puddles and
Lena is getting her front bottom side caked with mud. Can anyone
recommend a good fitting front mud flap? Looks like the VN750 front
fender is somewhat narrow and am restricted to about 4.5 inches of
top width, would like 6 to 9 inches of bottom length if I can find it

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Any that you get you will have to drill holes in the fende to mount them.
There is some on Ebay at times, Leather with fringe or Conchoes.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found several, but most of the high quality and good lookin ones are very
wide and won't fit Lena. May have to cut them down some in width.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Live down a 100 yard road with mud and deep Spring time puddles and
Lena is getting her front bottom side caked with mud. Can anyone
recommend a good fitting front mud flap? Looks like the VN750 front
fender is somewhat narrow and am restricted to about 4.5 inches of
top width, would like 6 to 9 inches of bottom length if I can find it
I painted to match a used larger fender from an older Honda GL1000 Goldwing to fit my bike that works better than a mudflap. It just bolted on with the existing bolt holes. I gave $10 +shiping for it on Ebay.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
I painted to match a used larger fender from an older Honda GL1000 Goldwing to fit my bike that works better than a mudflap. It just bolted on with the existing bolt holes. I gave $10 +shiping for it on Ebay.

Hgree, do you have pictures of the fender on your bike? Maybe I'm just being "special", but the pics that are posted at cc and Y! appear to be with the stock fender?

Do ya recall approximately how much longer the fender is than stock?

Been watching this thread since I'm a daily rider in the rain and such - wouldn't mind having a little extra grime protection.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
This might help..
Since I'm the one that started the GL1100 fender thingie when I couldn't find a tour fender..
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/ddhughey0620/album/576460762315825042

Compares are with the Kawasaki Tour fender and the GL1100 fender.
Note.. One bonus of using the GL1100 fender is you can run a 110 tire on the front.
The mount holes are about the same but you might have to dremel them out a little.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Thanks Diania I was wondering if it will work with the 110 and you answered that.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hgree, do you have pictures of the fender on your bike? Maybe I'm just being "special", but the pics that are posted at cc and Y! appear to be with the stock fender?
I haven't taken any pics since install to post. My son ran off to college with my camera and as soon as I can get it back or a new one I will post some pics. I have a few pics of fender prior to paint but that's it right now. Sorry...

Like Dianna stated it works great, the fender is a little more flexible than a stock fender but keeps the crud off of my radiator and the bolt holes on the fender I bought were already stretched enough for bolt up and it will accomodate the 110.:)

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Amazing how following a thread can get you info you need. A Timberwolf bra was one of my first after market purchases and it is still looking good. These folks are great @getting a quality product out--highly recommended.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Besides the GL1000 and the Kawasaki tour fender are there any other fenders out there that will bolt up to the VN750
What bike is the Kawasaki tour fender off of?

What has to be done to a chrome fender to paint it?

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
The Kawasaki Tour fender was made as part of the Kawasaki Tour package for the VN750. It was only produced a couple of years then discontinued, which makes them a rare item. The GL1100 fender though can be found fairly reasonable on ebay.
If you have a chrome fender in good condition, I would advise trying a swap with someone and getting that fender painted, Chrome fenders along with the chrome side covers are often sought after items.
If you are looking for other types of fenders.. well get out the measuring tape. As long as it meets the width requirements you have a good starting point. Next would be the mounts and how it mounts to the forks. You want something that is at least close.
Example.. We got a Harley hinged rear fender for the project bike by matching up the fender width. There is also a metal or fiberglass dresser style for harley bikes for the front at BikerHaven
http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/bikerhaven/Categories?category=Fenders:Front+Fenders
or check ebay once you know the width

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks Diana

I'm pretty much bike ignorant,I've been out of the motorcycle world for a long time. I'll check out Ebay for the fenders.

Are there any preferred years for the GL1100 fenders?

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
There used to be unpainted fiberglass fenders available from Europe in two styles for the VN750. I don't know if they are still available and I remember the price was kind of high because of shipping and they would have to be painted.

·
Registered
47 Posts
front fender mud flap

check out spidersden.com i got one for $13 & change . chose mine with a concho and braided trim with border edging. looks great . drilled two 1/4'' holes for mounting with snap on chrome covers to cover screw heads. good protection for oil filter . ken

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all, I think my question has been answered very well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts