Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
The only time I have seen that weight oil is for gear lube. Usual for gear lube is 75W-90. If it is unopened I'm sure you can take it back. Just seems a little over the top

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YES, I am changeing the final drive oil. I already changed with it, but then had nightmares overnight. The next day I bought some 80w/90/w gear lubricant and replaced it. Just hate to waste the synthetic if it was useable.

Thanks

·
Now what
400 Posts
*I purchased the wrong weight oil and was just wondering if this wouod do any harm?*
I hope not, cause I put SuperTech synthetic 75-140 in mine 1600 miles ago. So far, so good. The 75-140 is suppose to be for drag racing applications where the differential gets very hot. I think it's probably just more than needed, but not more than I can use :) The price was right too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ironman said:
*I purchased the wrong weight oil and was just wondering if this wouod do any harm?*
I hope not, cause I put SuperTech synthetic 75-140 in mine 1600 miles ago. So far, so good. The 75-140 is suppose to be for drag racing applications where the differential gets very hot. I think it's probably just more than needed, but not more than I can use :) The price was right too.
You're correct, it's more than needed but it will not have adverse affects. It's cooling and lubricating your final drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts